Error: BitDefender is blocking a safe website or online application
Company: BitDefender Anti-Virus
Why BitDefender is blocking a safe website or online application:
Bitdefender detects and filters all the web traffic and all malicious content that can harm our computer system. It blocks all of them and offers us with a secure web browsing experience. But it is often possible that Bitdefender considers a website or online application as unsafe although it’s safe and then block it.
We can prevent this issue of BitDefender is Blocking a safe website or online application, the same page or any application to get repeated blocked by adding it to the whitelist. The applications that are available in the whitelist are not be scanned by the Bitdefender engines. Thus we can access them directly and enjoy the experience of smooth web browsing.
Alternatives to fix BitDefender is Blocking a safe website or online application:
In case if we want to add any website or application to the whitelist, we need to do as stayed in the following steps:
- Firstly, we have to open the Bitdefender window and go to the protection panel. Then we need to click the web protection module.
- After that, we will have to click the Whitelist link in the settings tab and a new window will appear.
- Lastly, we have to provide the address of the blocked website or the online application that we want to access in the field provided and click on the add option. After
thatwe need to click on save in order to save the changes.
We should include only that websites and applications to the whitelist that are fully trusted by us. As by doing that we are excluding them from any type of scanning procedure and can access our system freely.
What to do when BitDefender is blocking a safe website or online application:
We can also prevent any website from getting blocked by other means than whitelist such as with the help of parental control. BitdefenderParental Control allows and helps us to control the access of our computer system to the Internet. And also to certain specific applications that are basically meant for our children. Moreover, at the same point of time, it also allows us to monitor Facebook account activity. To allow any blocked website to access our computer system with the help of parental control we should follow the following steps:
- Firstly, we have to open the web browser on any device with a net connection. Then we have to log in to our account using our username and password.
- After that, we need to click on the “ParentalControl” option to access the dashboard. Then we can select our child’s profile on the left-hand side menu. Then we need to access the web activity window by clicking on the web panel. In case if we are willing to use the web activity then we have to switch it on.
- Lastly, we need to click on the “blacklist” option. And then we will have to enter the website in the given corresponding fields. We can then select from the grid that for what time intervals the access will be allowed. Then at the end just we have to click on the “save” option and then click the “OK” button.
We hope your issue of BitDefender is Blocking a safe website or online application, must be resolved by now. If you still face an issue regarding this, then connect with support team.